The Trinity Level 4 Certificate for Music Educators (Trinity CME) is designed for music educators who work with children and young people.
The Trinity Level 4 Certificate for Music Educators (CME) is a brand new qualification for music educators working with children and young people in the UK. It is designed to enable music educators to gain recognition for their work while benefiting from opportunities to develop their practice.
Once registered, each learner completes an initial self-assessment to map their prior knowledge and experience against the six units of the CME. From this starting point, the centre works with the learner to develop and agree a personal action plan, setting out any training and support that will be required to enable the learner to meet the assessment criteria across all six units. Assessment is through a portfolio of evidence, including practical demonstration in the real working environment.
Study is part time and flexible, with training and support arranged to fit around learners' professional commitments, meaning that learners can continue with their professional activities while working towards the CME. Learners must complete the Trinity CME within two years, although many will complete it in less time.
Who it's for
The Trinity CME has been developed for anyone who works as a music educator with children and young people, including:
- instrumental and vocal teachers working with music services, hubs, schools or privately
- early years and primary teachers
- community musicians and workshop leaders
- professional musicians who undertake education work
What it assesses
The Trinity CME assesses learners across the following six units, representing up-to-date best practice in music education.
- Understanding children and young people's musical learning
- Planning, facilitating and evaluating young people's musical learning
- Reflective practice and professional development in music education
- Promoting children and young people's positive behaviour
- Equality, diversity and inclusion in music education
- Safeguarding in music education
Find out about the costs and how to express an interest in starting the CME course.