Music Education Hubs East Midlands (MEHEM) is a consortium of Music Education Hubs representing the cities and counties of the East Midlands area.
MEHEM is a vehicle for closer collaboration between the individual member Music Education Hubs of the East Midlands.
Music Education Hub for the Derby and Derbyshire areas. Led by the Derby & Derbyshire Music Partnership.
Music Education Hub for the Leicester and Leicestershire areas. Led by the Leicester-Shire Schools Music Service.
Music Education Hub for the Lincoln and Lincolnshire areas. Led by the Lincolnshire Music Service.
Music Education Hub for the Northampton & Northamptonshire area. Led by the Northamptonshire Music and Performing Arts Trust.
Music Education Hub for the Nottingham City area. Led by the Nottingham Music Service.
Music Education Hub for the Nottinghamshire area. Led by Inspire Culture, Learning and Libraries.
Music Education Hub for the Rutland area. Led by the Northamptonshire Music & Performing Arts Trust.
MEHEM exists as a support mechanism for the lead partners of the Music Education Hubs of the East Midlands in the delivery of the promises of the National Plan for Music Education for the children and young people of the East Midlands, by aspiring to assist member organisations to:
- Provide high quality music education and support for children and young people in the diverse East Midlands community
- aInspire all children and young people to sing and play a musical instrument, developing their talent through progressive pathways
- Promote high achievement through diverse partnerships
- Transform lives through music
- Provide opportunities for musical excellence to flourish
- Reach all sectors of children and young people, including the hard to reach and those in challenging circumstances, inspiring and enriching their lives through music
- Reflect the musical diversity of the East Midlands community through engagement with highly skilled partners and experienced partners
- Build sustainable pathways to nurture musical talent
- Promote innovation, creativity and achievement in music and the arts